Bonus pop quiz question. The working title of RAVING RADICALS BATHED IN BLAX was…
A. Red Ravers
B. Red Twilight
C. The Santa Muerte and the Red and Black Wax
D. Peppered with Indiscriminate Red Small Arms Fire
There are so many myths and half-truths surrounding the name of Alexandra Kollontai that, rather than write a plain old biographical sketch, I’m going to give you a quiz instead. The first commenter to get all the answers right gets a special place in the VL Hall of Fame, which is surely worth more than any mere material reward. So, true or false?
1. In 1898, at age 26, Kollontai left her husband and child in St. Petersburg to study Economics in Switzerland.
2. Kollontai was a member of the Bolshevik faction of the RSDRP (Russian Social Democratic Workers’ Party).
3. Kollontai was a member of the Menshevik faction of the RSDRP.
4. Kollontai advocated casual sexual encounters and said that sex should be as easy as “drinking a glass of water”.
5. After the 1917 Revolution, Kollontai was instrumental in the legalisation of abortion and homosexuality, the creation of…
View original post 1,339 more words